Sam’s School of English Online is dedicated to offering quality tuition at fair prices. We want to ensure our lessons meet the highest standards and that all students enjoy their time at our online school. To make this possible, we have outlined a list of Terms & Conditions below that we ask you to read.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have: Contact Us.
Use our Fee Calculator (available in the School Web Page) to help you work out the total cost of your course as well as our Level Test to help you decide which course is best for you.
To secure a place on one of our courses, please complete the Registration form. Then log in to our system and you can purchase a course there and then by credit/debit card or bank transfer.
- Students have to pay Registration Fees for examinations (if any). Information about dates, fees and deadlines can be obtained from your teacher.
- Payment for courses is best made via bank transfer to:
Payment to: Sam’s School
Account Number: 20189974
Sort Code: 60-24-77
Branch Address: PO Box 4115 Hornchurch Essex RM12 4DF
- Alternatively, payment can be made by Card online.
Office hours are 9:00am – 6:00pm Monday to Thursday and 9:00am – 3:00pm on Fridays (GMT UK TIME). Please ensure ALL correspondence is made to: [email protected] or via the contact form. Any enquiries received after office hours or at the weekend will not be answered until the next working day.
* Your class
- Our teachers are fantastic. They are chosen for their experience and friendly approach to teaching. That said, any problems or concerns you have can be submitted to the school in total confidence to: [email protected] We will work hard to resolve any issues you may have.
- First languages are not permitted in class at any time. Students who continue to speak their own language will have their course terminated by us and NO refund will be given.
- English Lessons run only with a minimum of 5 students registered. Courses with less than 5 will be temporarily suspended and alternative options will be offered, where available.
- Sam’s School of English Online reserves the rights to change the teacher of any lesson, at any moment, if necessary.
* Course Extensions:
- Students can extend their Course as many times as they wish.
- A place in the class is not guaranteed after the end of their course.
- Students can extend their course, staying in the same level, as long as there are spaces available.
- Students can also extend their lessons moving to a higher level, with the approbation of the teacher/office or to the same level but in a different group.
- The ‘Registration Fee’ is payable only once as long as the student extends his/her course within the duration of their existing course or up to 1 week (7 Days) after the end of their course. After this period the registration fee becomes payable and can not be discounted or removed.
* Cancellations / Refund Policy
- Cancellations must be made in writing to: [email protected] or via the contact form and will only apply from the date it is received by the school administration. (Any enquiries received after office hours or at the weekend will possibly not be answered until the next working day).
- Course Deposits & Registration Fees are non refundable.
- If you decide to cancel your course more than 14 days before the start of the course, Sam’s School of English Online will give a Full Refund of the Course Price, but retain a £30 Admin Fee. If you cancel your course less than 14 days before the start of the course, Sam’s School of English Online will retain 50% of the Course fees paid. In the event of cancellation after the commencement or before the end of the course, no fees can be refunded. Special Offers / Deposit Schemes when labelled “non-refundable” do not benefit from the 14 days cancellation policy.
- No fees are refunded in the case of late arrival / starting for a course.
- Sam’s School of English Online reserves the right to charge an amendment fee of £25 for changes in course attendance made during the course.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control or in the unlikely event that we have to cancel one of our courses due to low student numbers, we reserve the right to change services offered and find an alternative course option for students.
* Days Off / Student Holidays
- If a student cannot attend a class, it must be notified 24 hours in advance of the class ONLY by email to: [email protected]. Classes missed without notice (or short notice) are lost and non refundable. Students must not contact the School via social media to inform us of absences.
- Holidays must be planned at the moment of booking with the school and the dates agreed with the School administration otherwise classes will be lost.
* Public / Bank holidays
Sam’s School of English Online will be closed for all UK bank holidays. Details of these days can be found online. Students will NOT be charged for these days at the time of booking.
- We will close for Easter, Summer and Christmas Holidays. Students are NOT charged for classes during school holidays.
* Resolution of Disputes
If you are unhappy with any aspect of your online course, you should contact a member of staff: [email protected]. We will work with you to find a solution to your problems.
Sam’s School of English Online, its staff and representatives are not liable:
- For any loss, damage or injury to persons or property however caused, except where liability is expressly imposed by law. Students are advised to purchase insurance, including medical insurance, to cover all eventualities.
- In the event that reasons or causes beyond our control prevent the delivery of any service or programme.
* Conduct of Students
- You must comply with the directions and follow the rules of the school and of your course.
- We reserve the right to expel any student for behaviour which is unacceptable. In this event, fees will be forfeited and you will have to pay any consequential costs.
- You are liable for any damage you may cause, and will have to pay the full cost of replacement or repair.
- Any violence, threatening behaviour or abuse will not be tolerated.
Students are reminded that regular attendance is required for their online course. We reserve the right to remove a student from their course for regularly missing lessons. To avoid removal, we request students tell us in advance by emailing [email protected] if they are unable to attend.
* Policy for non-arrival of students
Students who book a course at our online school must:
- Start on the date that their course begins, or
- Notify the school (7 days prior to the course start date) of any problem preventing them from beginning on the course start date. The school must be provided with documentary evidence of this problem to enable changes to be made to student’s start dates.
- Whilst efforts will be made to accommodate students starting later than expected date, a space on their chosen course cannot be guaranteed and refund conditions will apply.
* GDPR Privacy Notice
Who processes your information?
Sam’s School of English Online is the data controller of the personal information you provide to us. This means the school determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data relating to pupils is to be processed. Samantha Kelly acts as a representative for the school with regard to its data controller responsibilities; they can be contacted on 01273 358814 or [email protected].
In some cases, your data will be outsourced to a third party processor; however, this will only be done with your consent, unless the law requires the school to share your data. Where the school outsources data to a third party processor, the same data protection standards that Sam’s School of English Online upholds are imposed on the processor. Samantha Kelly is the data protection officer. Their role is to oversee and monitor the school’s data protection procedures, and to ensure they are compliant with the GDPR. The data protection officer can be contacted on 01273 358814 or [email protected].
Why do we collect and use your information?
We collect and use personal data for the following reasons:
To support pupil learning
To monitor and report on pupil attendance and progress
To register students to external examination bodies
To assess the quality of our service
To comply with the law regarding data sharing
To communicate relevant marketing material
Which data is collected?
The categories of pupil information that the school collects, holds and shares include the following:
Personal information – e.g. names, telephone numbers, email addresses and addresses
Characteristics – e.g. ethnicity, language, nationality and date of birth
Attendance information – e.g. number of absences and absence reasons
Assessment information – e.g. Cambridge English assessment results
Whilst the majority of the personal data you provide to the school is mandatory, some is provided on a voluntary basis. When collecting data, the school will inform you whether you are required to provide this data or if your consent is needed. Where consent is required, the school will provide you with specific and explicit information with regards to the reasons the data is being collected and how the data will be used.
How long is your data stored for?
Personal data relating to pupils at Sam’s School of English Online is stored in line with the school’s GDPR Data Protection Policy. In accordance with the GDPR, the school does not store personal data indefinitely; data is only stored for as long as is necessary to complete the task for which it was originally collected.
Will my information be shared?
Sam’s School of English Online will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent unless the law allows us to do so.
* Governing law and jurisdiction
These terms and your use of this Website are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided by the English courts.
Published by SAM’s School of English (Head Office) in Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom (BN1 1UG)
Last Update: 29/03/2020